Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Long Run Day

Today was my "long run" day.  My plan was to run from my house to the closest Starbucks, and then my running buddy's boyfriend would pick us all up and take us home... because after running for 25 minutes I thought I wouldn't really want to walk all the way home, and I was right.  I suppose I could have ran a loop route but coffee and a bagel seemed like a good goal to run for.  

I'm still a Mom without her Husband home, so I took my son with me.  I have attempted to find a jogging stroller on craigslist but other Moms (half-marathon training Mother's?  Doubtful!) have manage to beat me to the punch.  Lincoln ended up getting a free ride in his regular stroller.  The wheels in the front locked up so that made it a bit easier.

We got out of the house at 10ish, and it was already getting pretty warm out.  I need to consider getting out earlier in the morning maybe more like 9.  We started with a little fast walk to warm up.  We ran for awhile until we hit a hill, I have already forgotten but I THINK I ran up part of the hill.  Once we got to the top of the hill (which was challenging pushing a stroller) Lincoln decided to tell me I needed to go faster.  He also asked Angie and I to "please stop talking."  I assured him that we were going to start running again and then he wouldn't hear any talking from me.

I am a terribly slow runner, which really doesn't bother me.  As long as I am picking up my feet and not walking I feel good about it.  Sweet Angie is running faster than I am and is kind enough to look back, run backwards and cheer me on when another hill comes.  "Come on girl, you can do it.  Just get to the light ahead."  I kept pushing on at a painfully slow pace and made it to the top.  We walked the cross walks and then ran the rest of the way.

Overall the run wasn't as difficult as I had expected.  Other than being super slow, I feel like I had very little to complain about.  Oh and I got coffee and a bagel with an egg and ham.  It was yummy and totally worth the run.  Tomorrow is a 15 minute run, I'll worry about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment