Wednesday, August 3, 2011

1st (should have been 3rd) Day of Training

Today should have been my third day of running, but it was really my first. I was in Las Vegas this past week and totally forgot how my training was suppose to go so my first day ended up being a 2 mile walk... once I realized my mistake I decided that what I did was going to count as my first day.  My next day of training was suppose to be yesterday, the day I got home from Las Vegas.  Well, let's just say I was far too tired, had bug bites all over my legs and not really going to make it for a run. As friends and books have told me I am not going to "make up" for the lost day.  Just continue on with my training as if nothing ever happened.  

Today I went for my for my first real run.  My neighbor Angie is my running buddy.  After getting home from Lincoln's swim lessons at six in the evening, Angie and I geared up with our water bottles (which I wasn't going to bring because I felt like a wimp until I saw Angie had hers...), dropped Lincoln off with her boyfriend (just next door) in the awesome snake kiddy pool they have and headed down the road for some sweatin' time.

I'm only guessing, but I would say it was in the mid 80's out and pretty humid, that's always a plus right?  We jogged the first 6 minutes then we walked until we heard the 7.5 minute beeper.  Neither of us have a watch so Angie brought her kitchen timer... classy runners.  Then we ran again for about 5 minutes walked for a bit and then ran the rest of the way home.

Right now I am remembering it as not being too horrible, maybe I should consider writing my blog as soon as I get done with my run... or at least jotting down my feelings at the time.  I didn't think I would like the whole talking while running thing but it was helpful to pass the time, and maybe it will help me have a healthier cardio stamina.  I also kept thinking about the spaghetti I was going to make once we got home.

It was only 15 minute right?  How bad can that really be?  Well, let me tell you this, it's not the actual 15 minute run that's bad, it's thinking about how MUCH longer it will be in six months.  I have to keep reminding myself it's six months away, that's why you train... one training day at a time.

 Oh and I'm glad I was a wimp and brought my water bottle.  I learned two things from bringing it 1. No matter how short the run, water always makes you feel better and 2. I LOVE my 15.00 water bottle from Wal-Mart.  It doesn't bounce much at all, it's easy to retrieve and fits very comfortably and snug on my hips.

Time to go to bed so I can get up at 5 in the morning for my cross-training (boot-camp).  Freakin' awesome!

1 comment:

  1. NOTE: it was a 15.00 water bottle AND holder. Scott read my blog and thought I spent 15.00 on just the water bottle and he was wondering what was so special about it.

    ReplyDelete