Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Burning Eye Balls


My run yesterday (Tuesday) was at Chollas Lake.  It was already getting pretty warm but thankfully there was a light breeze and lots of shade.  It was a busy park again, in fact this time I saw a couple of moms walking with strollers on the dirt/sand path.  At first I thought, "Good for you getting out with your children."  Then I couldn't help but think, "Sucks to be you, ha ha my Child is in school." Cruel, I know.

Once I got running it was going very well.  I had my music this time and that was really making my run more enjoyable.  After lap one I was starting to get really hot.  I went through half my bottle of water in the first lap and knew I was going to need another two laps to fill up my 25 minutes of running, so I took a short walk break and then got back to running. When I started my second lap I noticed a man that was in pretty good shape, at least FAR better shape than myself, who had started to run just in front of me.  He was moving with a pretty slow pace and I know this because I was keeping up with him.  Let's just say my pace is the slowest known to man kind.  Anyhow about half way through the loop he started walking, I of course kept running.  I'm not going to lie, it felt pretty good passing him.  I finished my lap, and took another walking break.

The last lap was pretty tough.  I found it much easier to do some short sprints and walks.  By the end of the lap I had sweat dripping down my face and my arms.  I stopped to stretch and the sweat started to drip into my eyes.  I couldn't decide if I was proud for pushing myself hard enough to sweat in my eye balls or if it stung like a mo-fo.


With the burning eye balls I decided that I might need to go get a new hat that has one of those terri cloth strips in the front to catch the sweat.  Yep, that will be my next running purchase.  

1 comment: